Cure JM Foundation
National Conference and Fundraiser
February 17-19, 2017 Austin, Texas
Join over 100 other Cure JM families and prominent Juvenile Myositis researchers in Austin, Texas for a spirited weekend of sharing, learning and connecting. Anyone affected by Juvenile Myositis (JM), including Juvenile Dermatomyositis and Juvenile Polymyositis, is invited to attend.
On Friday and Saturday, families will participate in small-group breakout sessions on a wide-variety of topics of interest to Cure JM families.
On Saturday, all participants are invited to interact with an elite group of JM experts who will give an update on the latest research and answer audience questions.
On Sunday, families will fundraise for Cure JM by running in the Austin 1/2 Marathon and Marathon.
NEW this year: Walk STRONG to CURE JM.
In addition to the marathon, Cure JM will be hosting a short and easy family fundraising walk. The walk will be FUN for all ages and will allow all families to participate in the event! More information coming soon.
Throughout the weekend:
- Families will get the latest information on Juvenile Myositis diagnosis, treatment, and research, participate in small group educational sessions and connect with other JM families.
- Grandparents and extended family will get the latest information on Juvenile Myositis and attend a Grandparent Workshop focused on the special role that grandparents and extended family play in their families and the JM community.
- Children will enjoy their own fun activities while their caregivers are in the educational sessions -- Kids’ Camp will feature a will feature a fun camping theme and can be attended by all JM children and siblings age 3-10.
- Teens & Tweens will enjoy a Teen photography workshop, designed for patients and siblings to have fun and connect with each other while learning the basics of photography. JM teens & tweens can also attend a teen-only breakout session and a workshop on transitioning to adult care.
- Young Adults will connect with other young adults throughout the weekend in a variety of ways, including a Young Adult Coffee (suggested for patients age 18 and up).
Costigan Family Foundation
Sheila and Harry Harvey
Bruce and Judy Leetz