Why is emotional/mental health important to our JM kids?
- Listen to and watch Dr. Andrea Knight, Dr. Kaveh Ardalan, and Dr. Alison Manning discuss the impact of JM on JM kids. Quality of Life is crucial to our kids’ well-being. The mental and physical aspects are not separate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p59cPxCB-P8&t=9s
- Explore some general mental health resources for JM families, including factors leading to depression and anxiety, places to get help, resources for JM families, research and mental health hotlines.
- Read the results of focus groups with JM parents discussing their mental health concerns and needs.
Where can I find out more about mental health issues for our JM kids?
- Here is a link to many resources on our Cure JM website.
- Here is the page for finding resources in your community and other coping skills issues on the Cure JM website.
- Here is more information about how to get help and resources to consider, e.g., psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, telemedicine, medications, support groups, etc.
Where can I learn more about how JM influences anxiety and depression?
Where can I learn more about the signs of anxiety and depression in kids and teens?
- Here is information on signs of anxiety and depression
Where can I get emotional support as a caregiver?
- Cure JM provides quarterly parent/caregiver support groups online. Check with Suzanne Edison, Mental Health Coordinator, for dates and sign-ups. email@example.com
- We support an emotional and mental health Facebook page for caregivers as well.