This video contains important information for the newly diagnosed family.
The two featured physicians care for juvenile myositis (JM) patients and explain the following topics:
- JM basics
- Common treatments
- Sun protection
- Partnering with your medical team
- Keeping track of medical records
- Preparing for doctors’ visits
- Seeking support
Our Two Guest Speakers, include:
- Megan Curran, MD, is an attending physician in the Section of Rheumatology at Children’s Hospital Colorado and an associate professor at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. She is the Director of the Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship Program where she organizes the training program for up-and-coming pediatric rheumatologists.
- Dawn Wahezi, MD, MS, is Division Chief of Pediatric Rheumatology and Director of the Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship Program at Children’s Hospital at Montefiore. Dr. Wahezi is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.