The November Grandparents Council (GPC) meeting was held on November 17, 2022. These meeting notes, along with previous meeting notes, are posted in the Grandparent Council Bookshelf on google docs: Recent GPC meeting notes.
Thank you for joining us as we gear up for holiday celebrations with our loved ones.
Shannon and Betsy discussed a Grandparent’s impact on a JM patient and their family.
A special announcement was made introducing four new research grants.
After presentations made by Shannon and Betsy, attendees were encouraged to participate in Q&A, which led to a lively discussion.
Several grandparents explained how they send emails to family and friends for Giving Tuesday. As a part of the email, they put a face to JM, which tends to be successful in generating a donation.
Here are helpful links to learn more about Juvenile Myositis:
- To learn about Juvenile Myositis, please purchase or download a free digital copy of the book, Myositis and Me.
- Visit the Get Support section of the Cure JM website.
- Search For Grandparents on the Cure JM website to view all of the resources available for grandparents
- Visit Cure JM’s YouTube Channel
Ideas on how to support your family as a grandparent:
- Mail your grandchild a card with stickers on a “shot day.”
- Play a game with your grandchild (through letters or online).
- Meet online to chat and catch up.
- Read a story on an infusion day.
- Offer to babysit.
- Take the sibling(s) out for the day.
Ways to Connect with your Cure JM Grandparent Community:
- Join us for the December Grandparent Council Meeting on Thursday, December 15, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. EST. Click here to register now for next month’s meeting.
- Join the Cure JM Grandparent Facebook Group.
- Join the Cure JM Grandparent Calling Tree.
- Attend the 2023 National Family Conference in Washington, DC.
- We are planning three grandparent-specific sessions, including an introductory luncheon, a roundtable discussion, and an additional session to be determined. Please share your ideas and suggestions for the topic of the third session.
How Grandparents Can Help This Holiday Season
Sharing your grandchild’s page supports Cure JM’s efforts to attain our goal of raising $750,000 for important scientific investigations led by compassionate researchers who want to improve treatments and care and find a cure. Donations accepted throughout December.
- Share a letter
- Share a quick social media post, text, or email
- Talk to a friend or someone you know about your story
- Share a general message with this link www.curejm.org/give
Follow our progress toward the goal at www.curejm.org/give. Please contact Betsy Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858.220.0039 if you have any questions and if you’d like any support on how to share.