FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cure JM Foundation earns 2017 Top-Rated Award
Cure JM Recognized for this Honor for Seven Consecutive Years
ENCINITAS, CA (March 28, 2017) – Cure JM Foundation has been honored with a prestigious 2017 Top-Rated Award by GreatNonprofits, the leading provider of user reviews about nonprofit organizations.
Says Great Nonprofits staff, "We are especially thrilled to recognize the great work of your organization, given that less than 1% of eligible nonprofits have received this distinction.” Being on the Top-Rated list gives donors and volunteers confidence that Cure JM is a credible organization.
Cure JM made the Top-Rated list because of many positive reviews about our work from donors and partners.
Says one recent reviewer, the father of a newly diagnosed teen, “This foundation provides you answers, compassion, togetherness and friendship so you can get through your day and stay strong for your child." Read more reviews here.
“Cure JM is very proud to be named a Top-Rated Nonprofit for the seventh year in a row,” says Shari Hume, Vice President and Co-Founder of Cure JM. “I am humbled and inspired by the unrelenting commitment, the passion, and the grit of our community to find better treatments and a cure. Without a doubt, 2017 will be a year filled with tremendous hope and significant progress in research."
In the past year, outstanding supporters and volunteers have made it possible for Cure JM to:
- Continue funding its two research and treatment centers in Chicago and Washington, DC
- Fund promising research at sixteen additional prestigious research centers and hospitals
- Begin a Drug Development Program National Center for Advancing Translational Science (NCATS)
- Provide educational materials and peer support to over 300 patients newly diagnosed with Juvenile Myositis
- Start its first five Regional Chapters in Chicago, Washington, DC, New York, Texas, and the Pacific Northwest
- Launch a National Walk Program, Walk Strong to Cure JM™
- Hold its 11th National Family Conference in Austin, Texas, bringing together over 120 families to connect with each other and learn about the latest in JM research and treatments from leading physicians and researchers
- Sponsor its 7th JM Medical Forum, a one-day conference that brought together 40 physicians, researchers, and medical professionals from across the country and around the world to learn and share about the latest in Juvenile Myositis treatments and research
- Create a new Teen and Young Adult Portal
- Early Diagnosis Initiative
- Create an E-book of Myositis and You, a comprehensive guide to Juvenile Myositis, featuring 450 pages with contributions from 80+ experts.
- Created a Cure JM Medical Network for Healthcare Professionals
- Participate in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), the workplace giving program of the United States Federal Government
Additionally, since its inception, Cure JM has:
- Invested $11 million in Research/Educational Programs
- Supported over 140 research studies
- Helped to create & support two research and treatment centers
About Juvenile Myositis
Juvenile Myositis is a group of rare and life-threatening autoimmune diseases. Each year, 2 to 4 children per million are diagnosed. JM can cause muscle pain, weakness, fatigue and can attack nearly all systems of the body, often causing a wide range of life-long medical complications.
About Cure JM
Cure JM Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission to find a cure for Juvenile Myositis and improve the lives of families affected by JM. Learn more at www.curejm.org or by contacting .