FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CURE JM FOUNDATION RANKS IN THE 1% OF TOP-RATED NONPROFITS
GreatNonprofits.org Award is Based on Positive Online Reviews
Great Nonprofits Award 2016
ENCINITAS, CA (March 17, 2016) – Cure JM Foundation has been honored with a prestigious 2016 Top-Rated Award by GreatNonprofits, the leading provider of user reviews about nonprofit organizations.
Says Great Nonprofits staff, "We are especially thrilled to recognize the great work of your organization, given that less than 1% of eligible nonprofits have received this distinction.” Being on the Top-Rated list gives donors and volunteers confidence that Cure JM is a credible organization.
Cure JM made the Top-Rated list because of many positive reviews about our work from donors and partners.
Says one recent reviewer: “Cure JM has been a lifesaver for our family... Cure JM is an amazing group of family and friends working together for one goal, one dream -- a cure for juvenile Myositis" Read more reviews here.
“Cure JM is very proud to be named a Top-Rated Nonprofit for the sixth year in a row,” says Shari Hume, Vice President and Co-Founder of Cure JM. “With an average review of 5 out of 5 stars, this shows that Cure JM is making a difference in the lives of families affected by Juvenile Myositis.”
In the past year, outstanding supporters and volunteers have made it possible for Cure JM to:
- Help move JM research forward with unprecedented momentum. Critical research investments have led to the identification of the major genetic risk factor for all forms of Myositis. Several other immune response genes have been identified as specific risk factors for Juvenile Dermatomyositis.
- Continue funding its two research and treatment centers in Chicago and Washington, D.C.
- Fund promising research at eight additional prestigious research centers and hospitals.
- Hold a successful National Family Educational Conference and Fundraiser in St. Pete Beach, Florida.
- Sponsor a medical conference that brought together physicians, researchers, and medical professionals from across the country and around the world to learn and share about the latest in Juvenile Myositis treatments and research.
- Participate in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), the workplace giving program of the United States Federal Government.
- Provide educational materials and peer support to over 250 patients newly diagnosed with Juvenile Myositis.
Juvenile Myositis is an incurable, life-threatening disease and each year, about 2 to 4 children per million are diagnosed. JM can cause muscle pain, weakness, fatigue and can attack nearly all systems of the body, often causing a wide range of life-long medical complications.
Cure JM Foundation is 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission to find a cure for Juvenile Myositis and improve the lives of families affected by JM. Learn more at www.curejm.org or by contacting .