Thanks to the Juvenile Myositis community, family and friends, Cure JM has:
- Raised $4 million through grassroots fundraisers throughout the country.
- Helped establish two JM research centers, one at Children's Hospital of Chicago Research Center (Cure JM Program of Excellence in JM Research) under the direction of Dr. Lauren Pachman; and the other at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
- Helped secure a 4-year grant totaling $1.9 million from NIH in 2010 for the Chicago team due to the progress already underway at the Cure JM Program of Excellence in JM Research.
- Funding research study with Duke University and CARRA to determine the best treatment approaches for JM.
- Funded (and continue to fund) wide range of genetic and JM treatment studies, as well as fellowships. Pending funding includes extension of the two existing research center grants and the establishment of additional Cure JM Centers of Excellence in JM Research.
- Funded the first-ever book about JM, "Myositis and You", written by over 100 doctors.
- Created targeted educational materials (video and welcome kit) for newly diagnosed families.
- Garnered local and national media attention…at least 300 local newspaper articles and 50 television stories.
- Connected over 1,000 families in 20 different countries to provide mutual support in their battle against JM – includes having regional JM family support representatives in the U.S.
- Provided a comprehensive website, as well as an active message board where families can post questions and connect with other families affected by JM.
- Provided educational forums where leading JM researchers speak to families affected by this disease and facilitated JM educational forums for medical community.
- Provided welcome kits, newsletters, brochures and videos for JM community.
- Provided guidance to families to help them navigate the health care system and work with insurance companies, doctors, schools, etc.