Cure JM Foundation Highlights
Thanks to the Juvenile Myositis community, family and friends, Cure JM has:
- Raised over $11 Million through grassroots fundraisers throughout the country
- Helped establish and continue to fund two JM research centers: one at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago (Cure JM Program of Excellence in JM Research) under the direction of Dr. Lauren Pachman; the other at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
- Helped secure a 4-year grant totaling $1.9 million from NIH in 2010 for the Chicago team due to the progress already underway at the Cure JM Program of Excellence in JM Research
- Established annual research funding program, awarding nine research grants since 2014
- Funded a multi-stage project to educate physicians about JM across North America
- Funded a research study with Duke University and CARRA to determine the best treatment approaches for JM
- Funded the first-ever book about JM, Myositis and You, written by over 100 doctors and now available as an eBook
- Provided ten educational forums where leading JM researchers spoke to families and facilitated four JM educational forums for medical community
- Hosted numerous forums for healthcare professionals and funded online resources to provide JM education and information for more than 600 physicians
- Created targeted educational materials (video and welcome kit) for newly diagnosed families
- Garnered local and national media attention…at least 500 local newspaper articles and 100 television stories
- Connected over 2,900 patients and families in 40 different countries to provide mutual support in their battle against JM – includes regional JM family support representatives in the U.S.
- Created new regional chapters in Chicago, New York, Seattle, D.C. and Texas